20 Elm Street, Newport, VT 05855, USA
1.5

I am very displeased with Spates the Florist and Garden Center.I intend not to purchase from this business again.

A note of disclosure before I detail the problem I had with my most recent order: -I used Spates' website which utilizes a third-party company, Teleflora, to promote bouquets. -I ordered the bouquet last minute. -I was aware of and understood the Substitution Policy fine print. That being said, here is my experience.

I wanted a beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered to my wife at work since I was away on our anniversary day and could not give them to her myself. I looked on Spates' website and found the "Endless Romance" bouquet to be just right. The bouquets are offered as shown, a deluxe version somewhat better, and a premium version; the most full of flowers. I ordered the premium version.

"Endless Romance" is advertised as "Endless roses, endless romance! Make a statement with our stunning bouquet of red roses with snowy white blossoms, delivered in a glass hurricane vase that will forever remind her of your love. Includes red spray roses, white alstroemeria and pretty pitta negra. Delivered in a glass hurricane vase." The bouquet was delivered and my wife was happy that I remembered (how could I forget?) our anniversary.

She took a picture of the flowers and later showed the picture to me. I was shocked by how different the bouquet looked from what I believed I had ordered. Upon looking further, I noticed that instead of a "stunning bouquet of red roses", it was a mediocre bouquet of red carnations with five long stem roses tossed in. It looked like something a girl would get at a middle school dance, not an anniversary gift.

I called and spoke with an employee at Spates. She explained that they do not typically have red spray roses in stock, making short notice orders of bouquets that require them impossible without substitution. She explained that she put in long stem roses and extra white alstroemeria stems to make the value of the bouquet equal to what I had paid. She explained that the bouquet looks so different from the advertisement because pictured is a bouquet in full bloom, but delivered were flowers in various stages of bloom.

I wanted Spates to offer a solution to me, as the customer, to make it right. She would not make a suggestion, but said she would do anything I wanted to make the order right. I told her that I wanted Spates not to advertise products that they cannot fulfill, as this was unfair and misleading to customers. She said because they use Teleflora, they cannot change what bouquets are offered.

Ultimately, after discussion, I asked for a refund. Her tone of voice indicated that she was surprised at this and said she could not do a full refund, but would refund half. I told her I was unhappy with the flowers and that I would give them back to Spates. She said she would refund me the full amount if I returned the flowers that day, as she could not reuse them if she got them back later.

Reuse flowers that had already been given to someone??? I don't really want to take the flowers away from my wife, and I don't have time to drive to Spates today to return their poor, misleading product. I told Spates I would not be in, and we ended the conversation; probably with both of us disappointed. TL;DR Don't order from Spates' website.

If you do, you can expect to get something different that what is shown in the advertisement.#Notmybouquet

Review about: Spates The Florist And Garden Center Endless Romance Bouquet.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Spates The Florist And Garden Center?

Comments